The Battlefords District Food and Resource Centre is a non-profit, registered charity devoted to serving our community through a year-round food bank.
Be part of a support community through a trusted, established organization that is devoted to giving back.
Volunteer & Give Back
Contribute your gifts of food, time and money to make a difference today.
News & Events
Join us at one of our events, or stay up to date on what else we have on the go.
Food Bank Guidelines & FAQ
We're here to help! Our Food Bank hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM.
Masks are required upon visit. If you are sick please stay home and have someone pick up your hamper for you.
Yes. Our CRA Charity number is #86169 0931 RR 0001.
Empty Stocking Fund
North Battleford, SK S9A 2Y7
Yes. You can donate securely online at our Canada Helps page.
Yes! Our email address is info@BDFRC.ca
Office hours for donations are 9:00-3:00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Please ring the doorbell at the back door.
- Christmas Hampers: Christmas food hampers and toys for families in need
- Food for Kids: food every Friday to elementary students from food insecure households
- Milk for Kids: fresh milk to families with children
- Coats for Kids: collecting and distributing winter clothing for children
- Income Tax Preparation: free income tax service for low-income households
- Plant a Row Grow a Row: encouraging gardeners to grow a bit extra for the food bank
- Fine Option Program: assist individuals with finding a community service opportunity
ID is required for each family member on every visit. Please read on for more details.
If it’s your first visit, please bring identification for you and everyone in your household and something with your address. If you have just moved to town and don’t have something with your address, we can still help you, but ID is a must.
After your third visit, the following is also required to receive a food hamper. Each adult must provide:
- Proof of address: land location (house number) and box number
- Proof of income: bank statement for all adults (see next question)
- Paycheque stub
- Social Services Total Needs Statement
- Employment Insurance
- Pension/Disability stubs
- Child Support
- Child Tax Benefit Statement
- Proof of expenses utility bills, rent receipt, child care expenses
No. Only 55% of food bank clients/households report they are on Social Assistance.
No. 24% of the 1,347 food bank households in 2019 only used food bank services once per year. 55% of clients/households use the food bank four times or less per year. Only 5% of clients/households use the food bank more than 20 times a year.
The food that clients receive is only meant to be an emergency supply that’s intended to last for about 3-4 days. There is only one food hamper per household/address. After a person’s third visit, they need to prove need (please see "What do I need to use the Food Bank?").
No, clients are able to use the Food Bank services once every two weeks.
Masks are required. To ensure social distancing is possible, there can only be five people in the food bank at a time. Please wait outside of the building until you are able to enter. If you are not feeling well, please stay home and have someone else pick up your hamper. For more info, please call 306-937-5505.
1171 101st Street, North Battleford
Monday to Friday 9:00AM-11:30AM. Please read "What do I need to use the Food Bank?" on this page to see what you'll need to bring.
We are so grateful for our volunteers and donors in helping us make a difference in our community.
families & Individuals
supported with our programs since 2003
emergency food hampers
to support families and individuals in need
that help make a difference in our community every year
"Always good hampers and great customer support."